Procedure for Printer Driver Download
- First and foremost, open a web browser on your computing device by clicking the icon of your desired browser from the desktop or the system tray.
- After that, enter “canon.com/ijsetup” in the address bar of your web browser. This will lead you to the Canon Setup webpage.
- In the next window, hit the “Set Up” option to proceed further.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to enter the product model for which you want to download the printer driver. Carefully enter the model name in the search bar and hit the “Go” tab.
- Then, you have to select the operating system on which you want to download the setup file. In order to make a selection, click the inverted triangle from the upper-right corner. Further, make a selection from the drop-down menu.
- Thereafter, hit the “Download” tab from the middle of the screen.
- By doing so, the setup file will start downloading on your device. This might take a few minutes to get completed, depending on the speed of your network connection. Hence, wait for its completion.
- Meanwhile, you might get a popup box for changing the download location. Click the “Save”/ “Save As” tab and then select the preferred location. Alternatively, your canon.com/ijsetup file will get saved in the Downloads folder.
How to Install the Canon.com/ijsetup File?
Before you begin with the installation of the Canon printer driver, you first have to complete the hardware setup of your printer. Then, turn on your printer by pressing the power button. Along with all this, make sure your computer device is well connected with the internet.
- Open the Downloads folder on your system.
- Then, locate and double-click the downloaded canon.com/ijsetup file.
- After that, a Security Warning pop-up box prompts you to permit the application to run on your computer system. In order to grant the permission, hit the “Run” tab.
- Thereafter, the User Account Control popup box will appear seeking your permission to make the necessary changes. Hit the “Yes” tab to proceed further with the process.
- Further, the welcome window of the installation wizard will appear on your screen. Here, you have to click the “Next” tab.
- Now, the Mac users will get a popup box asking you to enter the Mac Administrator username and password. After entering, click the “Install Helper” option.
- The printer connection method window will now display on your screen. Here, you have to select the preferred connection method from the “Wireless LAN connection” or “USB connection”.
- Once you are done with making the desired selection, you have to establish the connection. For this, follow the instructions displaying on your screen. Then, hit the “Next” tab.
- Now, the installation wizard will start looking for the available printer and will show you the list of various printers. Select your printer and press the “Next” button.
- Then, canon.com/ijsetup will ask you to select the country or the region. Select and tap “Next”.
- After that, the Software Selection window will appear. From the list of available software, select those you want to download and click the “Next” tab.
- Further, read the License Agreement document carefully and you have to agree with it by clicking the “Yes” button.
- To proceed further click the “Next” tab.
- By doing so, the software installation process will begin. Wait until the process gets completed.
- Thereafter, for Print Head Alignment, click the “Execute” tab. Then, follow the on-screen instructions for the successful completion of the process.
- Afterwards, click the “Next” tab.
- Now, the setup completion message will display on your screen. Hit the “Exit” tab to conclude the canon.com/ijsetup process.