Canon Printer Drivers
Why is a need for Canon Printer Drivers?
Each Canon printer requires a specific driver for the effective working of your printer. It transforms the data needs to be printed into a format that a printer can understand easily. All Canon printer users need to install the driver for high-performance printing and smooth communication with your computer/laptop. It is not a complicated process and the application is available free for your Windows and Mac operating systems.
Steps To Download Canon Printer Drivers
- You have to first visit usa.canon.com. By doing so, you will arrive at the Canon homepage.
- There you will find the Driver & Downloads option in the upper-right corner beside the Product Registration option.
- This will open the official support site for Canon Products. Here you will notice the Search field in the middle of the screen.
- Confirm your printer model number and start typing in the search field. Instantly, you will see your product name in the list. Select it and click on the GO button.
- Your selected printer with all its specifications will be presented on your screen. Click on the Drivers & Downloads tab given there.
- Choose the correct operating system and its version. For that, you have to click on the down-arrow key placed in the OS field, it will show you a long list of all operating systems.
- Then, select a language that you understand for operating the software.
- Now, there are two separate sections of Recommended and Optional Drivers given with file size. It is suggested to download the Canon recommended Driver. For that click on the Select button and continue with this, click Download.
- Hold on for a bit till the Canon Printer Drivers gets downloaded successfully.
Canon Printer Drivers Installation
- As the file directly saved in the Downloads folder, you should open the folder and lookup for the Canon Printer Drivers file.
- Click on the executable file to run it. In the pop-up box, verify the publisher, file origin and then click on the Yes button for making necessary changes to your computer.
- It will begin acquiring the information on the latest driver and software. Then, it will show you the main screen, check the Language selected and click on the Next button.
- With this, the “Processing” pop-up box will appear on your screen. Wait for a while.
- At this point of time, your printer must be connected to the computer either with a USB cable or by the wireless method.
- If the printer is well-connected, the program will successfully recognize your printer and show it on your screen. Select your printer.
- After that, the Canon Software Installation list will come up on your screen. As per your needs and requirements, select the checkboxes i.e Drivers, Manuals, etc and click Next.
- Now, study the Canon End-User License Agreement carefully. If you agree with each and every statement of the agreement, select Yes.
- If there is any firewall or antivirus software installed on your system, it may show you notification while setting up the printer driver. Select Allow and then click on the Next button.
- With this, the program will show you a pop-up box installing the printer driver with the remaining time left.
- Looking forward, the Printer Head Alignment window will be visible on your screen. If you want to test the printer functions, you can print a paper. For that, feed a stack of plain paper that must not be folded from any of the sides. Now, click Execute and a page will be printed.
- Click Next and then Installation Completed Successfully window will appear, click Exit.
How To Update Canon Printer Drivers?
If the software is not working efficiently and showing you an error while printing the document or scanning the images, you can upgrade Canon printer drivers.
- On your computer, open the Control Panel application.
- Spot the Hardware and Sound option and then click on it.
- Continuing with this, click on Devices and Printers option.
- Ensure that your printer is linked to the computer. Find your desired printer and right-click on it. Then, click on Update Driver.
- Wait for a few minutes till the driver gets updated successfully.