Canon MX490 Setup
Canon MX490 is a multifunctional printer which is capable of printing, faxing, scanning as well as copying. This printer offers its customers with exceptional connectivity options. To use these extraordinary features, you first have to go through the process of Canon MX490 Setup.
Canon MX490 Setup
Canon MX490 uses Wireless LAN and high-speed USB as its standard interface. Hence, you can connect your printer using both USB or wireless connection.
Configuration Of Your Printer
For Canon MX490 setup, you have to follow the below-given steps of the configuration of your printer. But for this you have to fulfil all the pre-requisites.
- Unbox and set your printer by adding the ink and papers in the printer.
- Make sure that your wireless router is properly set up and is showing strong signals.
- Your computer must be connected with the same wireless router.
After fulfilling all these requirements move forward with the Canon MX490 Setup procedure.
- Firstly, turn on your printer by pressing the “Power Button”.
- In case the screen is blank after you turn it on, then press “Copy” button from the four-button panel.
- Press the “Setup” button from the four-button panel.
- You will see the “Wireless LAN setup” option on the screen. Subsequently, press the “Ok” button.
- Your printer will start searching for the wireless network in your range.
- Next, press the “Stop” button from the right-hand side of the printer panel.
- This will subsequently display “Wireless LAN Setup- Standard Setup”.
- After that, press “Ok”.
- Now, use the navigation button and search for your access point.
- Thereafter, press “Ok” button two times.
- Enter your “Wireless Connection Password”. Be careful while entering it as the password is case sensitive.
- Press “Ok”
- After that, in the next window press “ok”.
- Lastly, click the “Copy” button from the four-button panel to finish the process.
Downloading Canon Printer Driver
- Open a web browser.
- Type “canon.com/ijsetup” for the website of the Canon.
- Locate and click the “Set Up” option.
- After that, enter your product model i.e MX490 in the required field.
- Subsequently, click “Go”.
- Afterwards, from the top right corner of the screen, select your desired “Operating System”. For this, click on “Inverted Triangle”.
- Now, click the “Download” button from the middle of the screen.
- This will automatically start the downloading of the printer driver.
In the case of Mac OS, you may get warning messages in the middle of the process. Go through each message and click either “Open” or “Always Allow” option.
Canon Printer Driver Installation
After downloading follow the procedure of installation of the printer driver. Depending upon your operating system this process may vary slightly.
Once your downloading gets completed, your setup file will run automatically. If prompted, then click “Run” to start with the installation process.
- In the initial setup window, click “Next”.
- Now, select the desired printer connection method. You must choose “Wireless LAN Connection”.
- Click “Next”.
- Select the “Connect via wireless router” option. Subsequently, click “Next”.
- Next, check that your printer is turned on. Then, click “Next”.
- Select the desired printer from the list and tap “Next”.
- Select the files you want to install. After that, click “Next”.
- Go through the license agreement and accept it by clicking the “Yes” button.
- In the next window, click the “Next” button.
- Wait for the installation to get completed.
- Lastly, tap the “Complete” button.
Canon Printer Setup
In the same installation window, continue with the setup of the printer. In case you want to exit then click the “Next” option. Otherwise, follow the given steps for completing the Canon MX490 setup procedure.
- Firstly, go through the Print Head Alignment procedure. For this, make sure that the papers are loaded properly in the printer.
- Now, click “Execute”.
- After you get a printout, click “Next”.
- In the next window, again click “Next” button.
- Now, you will see the product information. Click “Next” to continue.
- Read “Executed Survey Programme” and click “Agree”.
- Next, for “Print Test” load paper in the printer and click “Execute”. After completion of the Print Test, click “Next”.
For skipping the Print Test, click “Next” rather than “Execute”.
- Lastly, click “Exit”.
This completes the installation of the printer driver. Next, you have to register your Canon MX490 through their official website.
Adding the Printer To Device
Note: Adding the printer process may vary as per your operating system.
- Firstly, click the Windows button.
- Select “Control Panel”.
- Now, select “Hardware and Sound”.
- Click on “Devices and Printers”.
- Then, select “Add a printer”.
- Select “Local Printer” and then select the printer port for your connection.
- Now, you have to click the “Canon” printer option in the driver’s window and select “MX490” model. Then, click “Next.”
- Next, add a name for your printer and select “Next”.
- Now, choose whether or not to share the printer with other devices on your network.
- Again, click “Next”.
- Lastly, choose whether to set the printer as the default printer and click “Finish.”
This completes the Canon MX490 Setup procedure. Now, you can start using the printer.
You may also learn How to Connect Canon Printer to Wifi?