How to Connect Canon Printer to Wifi?
The connection of Canon printer to a wifi network is one of the most convenient modes of connectivity. Also, it is wireless connectivity which makes it movable within the wifi range. Therefore, if you want to know, how to connect Canon printer to Wifi, follow the below-mentioned steps:
How to Connect Canon printer to Wifi For Standard Setup:
When you do not have a WPS button on your router, you can connect your printer by standard setup method. So, follow all the steps carefully so that you understand, how to connect canon printer to Wifi:
- Firstly, press the “Menu” button on the printer.
- Then, use the right or left arrow keys to select the “WLAN setup”.
- Now, press “OK” in order in order to proceed with the next step.
- Now, the printer will start searching nearby networks.
- A new screen will appear on which “standard setup” is highlighted by default.
- Next, you are required to click on the “OK” button.
- Further, the printer will search for nearby networks. After it has finished searching, you will see a list of all the networks on your screen.
- You need to use the up and down arrow keys to select your preferred network from the list.
- Once you have selected your network, press the “OK” button.
- Now, if your wireless router has a password, you will come to the “Enter passphrase” screen.
- Next, you need to press “OK” to proceed to the character entry screen. But if your wireless router does not have a password, the printer will automatically connect to the network. When it connects, press “OK”.
- Now, on the character’s entry screen, use arrows and the “OK” button to enter characters in the required password field. If you want to change lowercase letters into uppercase or into numbers, press the middle function which is located on the bottom of the screen.
- After entering the password, press the left function button.
- Again the “Enter passphrase” screen will appear, if you want to make any changes to your password, press the OK button. If you don’t want to make any changes to your password, press the left function button again.
- Now, the printer will start connecting to the network.
- After the printer connects to the network press “OK”.
How to connect Canon printer to Wifi for WPS Setup:
WPS is a method that allows your printer to easily connect with the secured wireless network. For Wifi Protected Setup, your printer must have a WPS push button available. So, follow the below steps to understand, how to Connect Canon Printer to Wifi:
- Firstly, make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Now you need to press the Wifi button and hold it until the alarm lamp flashes.
- After the alarm lamp flashes blue, press the WPS button within 2 minutes which is located on the router.
- The blue lamp will flash continuously until the printer connects to the network.
- Now, you have to confirm whether the printer is successfully connected to your wireless network. To check, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Load an A4 sized plain paper sheet.
- Now, you need to press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the alarm lamp flashes 15 times and then release it.
- Now the network information page will be printed and you have to make sure that the connection indicates “Active” and the correct name of your wireless network.
Hence above are the steps by following which you can easily connect your Canon printer to Wifi.
Contact Canon Printer Offline Support for Great Assistance.